[Resolved] Status of “Generate Scripts” plug-in

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Status of “Generate Scripts” plug-in

Home Forums Support Status of “Generate Scripts” plug-in

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    NBC

WP 5.5, GP 2.4.2, GPP 1.1.2

Now that WP 5.5 allows for automatic updates of plug-ins, I notice that it reports I have a hidden* plug-in called “Generate Scripts.” Is this part of the current structure of GP/GPP, or is it a relic from older versions? IOW, should I deactivate/remove it, enable auto updates for it, or just ignore it?

[Still haven’t found where to activate auto updates for themes, given that there’s no list view like the one for plug-ins.]

*”Hidden” as in the only reason I can see it is the link to view plug-ins with disabled auto updates.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i have never heard of that before, its not GP related. Maybe you have a Must Use plugin in your site?

For themes auto update, in Appearance > Themes – select Theme Details to see the option.

NBC

Well, it may not be GP related, but Tom created it. He’s listed as the developer in the plug-in screen.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Well i never lol – must be an old plugin.
    Ill pass this onto Tom to reply.

NBC

Thank you, David!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you link us to the plugin page? I’m not aware of a “Generate Scripts” plugin.

NBC

I created a new user and sent the credentials to you via the account issue form.

I just realized (long day!) that I may not have listed the name of this thread on the contact form.

If you can’t find me, let me know and I’ll send the info again.

Thank you!

NBC

Oh, and if I click on the “plug-in page” link in the WP dashboard, it loads the GP home page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Wow, totally forgot I ever wrote that.

No need for that plugin at all now – you can remove it completely. If you want to add scripts, you should use our Elements module πŸ™‚

NBC

Thank you, Tom! Just wanted to make sure that wasn’t some secret sauce that would break the site if I deleted it. πŸ˜‰

I just realized how far back I go with GP (before Premium, when you licensed capabilities by the module). Love your work and wouldn’t do without it. And yes, I’m one of your 5-star commenters; wish I could add another review, but the system won’t let me.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Really appreciate it πŸ™‚

Always nice to see familiar names from way back then!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.