[Resolved] Static Page Stuck

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Static Page Stuck

Home Forums Support Static Page Stuck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brianna

Alright, I’m working on a site of mine called http://www.sciencefictionarchive.com/.

This is weird. When I uploaded the theme and set it to static. I got this stock front page. The page it was initially directed to I could not edit. Well, I would go into the page’s edit area and I would type what I wanted it to say and then hit update and preview and nothing. Still got that stock front page.

I thought it was just a glitch, so I created a new page. I edited that page with the look and feel that I wanted. I even toyed with the customization settings. Put in a new background. New header font. Put in a menu. Anyway, I basically just treated this page I created and set it exactly how i wanted the landing page to be…

However, when I pointed the static page to direct to the page I had done up all nice, the static page just remained that un-editable stock photo. I have no idea what the heck is going on, and I’ve used this theme on my other site and didn’t have this odd problem and can’t seem to find any fix on the forum.

Please, what am I missing?

GeneratePress 1.3.44
    GP Premium 1.2.94
    Brianna

Alright, so I checked out the source code an odd .css file that doesn’t show up with my other wordpress site shows up and I think is overriding the front page. I’m not sure if I’m correct, not sure how to fix. Anyway I’ll wait back on your advice.

Totally my error, not yours.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That page doesn’t even seem to be using WordPress. Maybe you have an index.html file in the root directory of your WordPress installation?

Brianna

alright, re-installed wordpress and now it’s working normally.

My bad. It was my error, not your theme.

thanks for the quick response.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.