[Resolved] static page not in customizer on multisite

Home Forums Support [Resolved] static page not in customizer on multisite

Home Forums Support static page not in customizer on multisite

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Pieter

Hi,

I just set up a multisite and want the main site have an one page. Like an under construction page, but I don’t need a plugin, because whit GP everything can be turned off. But there is no option in te customizer too choose a static page, so I only can show the blog. The site is here. Used this before for another multisite and there were no problems –> here Also updated that one to the new GP 1.3 an no problems.
    I’ve just us the blog article for now, but would like to now what’s the problem.
    Maybe FYI, I installed wordpress with Installatron in DirectAdmin, after that making it a multisite. This because I couldn’t get on the FTP server with Filezilla…(for the other site installed with FTP)

Gr. Pieter

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

So when you go to “Settings > Reading”, it doesn’t allow you to set the front page as a static page?

Joslyn

Hi Tom, I have this problem too. Have just uploaded the theme again to a new website. The last time I used it for a different website I had the option under customize to set static front page – but I can’t find that option with this new website. Please let me know how to get this sorted. Thanks, Joslyn

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Same question as above, does the option to set your front page as a static page exist in “Settings > Reading”?

Joslyn

No it doesn’t

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Then it’s likely you don’t have a published page in the “Pages” area. You need to have a page that’s published (not a draft or private).

Joslyn

Ok yes that was it – thanks. The page was still saved as draft. Thanks very much! It’s usually something simple but can cause a lot of frustration if you don’t know what to do! Enjoy your day.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! 🙂

Pieter

Ok, noticed that the timestamp on the site wasn’t correct, so I changed it yesterday (before my question) and the page was published on the correct date, but no static page option. But now it’s there, so probably a cache issue or something. (the “Settings > Reading” als didn’t show up)

So resolved again! Thnx for the fast reply!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.