[Resolved] static page & background image problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] static page & background image problem

Home Forums Support static page & background image problem

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Steig

Hello,
    I’ve set a static home page and assigned a background image. My problem is that I can’t seem to get the bottom widget footer/copyright bar to float to the bottom of the picture and I think I’ve tried all the options.

The footer wants to sit just below where the text ends. So part of the background picture just gets cut off. With one option, I end with with just grey space under the footers another, the picture just continues right through the footers as if they float above the picture.

Is there a way to contain the picture so it ends where the footer begins, but have the footer not end where the text ends?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So if I’m understanding correctly, your footer isn’t reaching the bottom of your screen?

No easy solution for that I’m afraid, but there are some solutions: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/sticky-footer/#post-178536

Steig

Those were a great help. I ended up making the picture a static-page header photo and leaving some of the text up on that page header.

I did leave some text in the “normal” editor window. However, I’ve noticed that text doesn’t seem bound by any container. i.e. when I grab the edge of the browser window and slide it around, that text seems to be anchored by the left hand of the browser and all other parts of the webpage can end up on the right hand side of it if I pull far enough.

I’ve not seen this before. I did play around with Elementor because I am looking for a graphic editor, but don’t think I saved anything while I had it up.

Not sure what to do now and would appreciate your help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can’t picture what you mean, any chance you can show me?

Steig

please look at https://arlinstitute.org The problem is the home page and you’ll see the text below the picture that is acting up. Still not 100% happy with how that background picture is showing, thought I’d circle back to it later. Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Looks like you’re using Sections and have the box container and inner box container both set to fluid.

The inner box container should be set to contained if you want the contents of it inside the grid container.

Let me know if that helps or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Steig

That did the trick. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.