[Resolved] static home page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] static home page

Home Forums Support static home page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nafari Vanaski

All I want on my home page is the site title, logo photo and menu. How can I make that happen? I’d like the rest of the pages on the site to just have the title and menu at the top.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You don’t want any content on your homepage?

So your homepage would have: Site title, logo and navigation
    Other pages would have: Site title and navigation (no logo)?

Nafari Vanaski

That’s right. I like the image, but it’s really big, so I’d like it to just be on the home page. Is that possible?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you looked at our Page Header add-on?

It allows you to keep the site title/tagline in the header, and the include an image/content/slideshow on a per-page basis.

If you’re wanting to use the header/logo upload, you can try this CSS:

.site-logo {
          display: none;
    }

.home .site-logo {
          display: block;
    }
    Nafari Vanaski

Thanks! But I’m kinda new at this — where do I add this code? I’ve created a child theme already — so would I copy the header code to the child theme stylesheet directly and then add this CSS, or would it work to just add the CSS to the stylesheet?

Nafari Vanaski

What does ‘cheating ‘uh’ mean? I thought this was a free theme — am I supposed to be paying you or something? No offense meant. I’m gonna just pick another theme, ‘k?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

CSS can go in your child theme’s style.css file, or in a plugin like the one in my signature below.

“Cheating ‘uh” is a WordPress permission error – nothing to do with GP.

To fix, go into “Settings > General” and make sure your home URL and site URL match. Even if they do, click Save Settings.

Nafari Vanaski

Oh, OK! I was worried — I thought there was some Big Brother stuff going on. πŸ™‚ Sorry. Like I said, very new! Thank you for your help!

Nafari Vanaski

I got that “cheatin’ uh” thing right after I sent the question about the child theme — it was just the weirdest timing. I just feel stupid about all of this. Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries! It’s definitely one of the more weird WordPress errors πŸ™‚

john

Hi Tom

any idea how to fix the cheatin uh error in multisite? I get it when i try to save the copyright in the generatepress copyright add-on

thanks!

John

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Such a weird WP error.

In my experience it’s caused by your site url and home url in “Settings – General” being different.

Take a look and make sure they’re identical πŸ™‚

john

Hi Tom

thanks but those fields dont show up in multisite that’s why i thought i would check with you if you know how to solve is MS?

oh i did look int he database, and the site and home fields are the same there.

Thanks!
    John

john

NM i solved it. it started happening after adding the automatic domain changer plugin, I deactivated that and all good, just coincidence that i also enable the copyright addon near the same time, sorry to waste your time.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you sorted it out! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.