[Resolved] Starting Out

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Starting Out

Home Forums Support Starting Out

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Russell

I would like to start from square one with my site. I have tried some free themes, OceanWP, before settling on GenratePress Premium. The problem is I think I still have some settings and configurations from the previous theme and it is confusing me when I try and follow the support documentation for GeneratePress. Is there a way to set everything back. Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Which settings are you referring to specifically?

Just checked your site and everything looked normal to me.

Russell

Thanks for the support. I wanted to remove the header and logo. Also the layout I believe is tied to a previous free theme.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm those look like GP settings.

Logo should be here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/site-identity-overview/

The layout should be here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/container-layout-overview/

You can also remove the current customizer setting in Dashboard > Appearance > GeneratePress.

Let me know if this helps.

Russell

Everything looks like the example you sent. I will try and follow the instructions and move on from here. Thanks

Russell

Ok I know I hit resolved but I can now better define my problem. I have a page at jakespad.tech but it is not listed under pages and it is not my home page. When I make a new page and call it Home it is in a menu on the I guess landing page and when you click Home it takes you to my new page. How do I just have one page named Home. Hope this is clearer for you. I have left the site updated as documented above…

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not quite sure what you mean but sounds like you are looking for the homepage display setting in Dashboard > Settings > Reading.

Russell

Ok changing to a static page and tagging it home has worked. Long term I will need to adjust as I would like my new posts to be displayed in short on the home page. Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.