[Resolved] Starter Sites: Classic Editor

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Starter Sites: Classic Editor

Home Forums Support Starter Sites: Classic Editor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I know that in the Site Library (with GP Premium) one of the “page builder” options is “None.” I assume this means Gutenberg, but can I use the classic editor with the starter sites? or would I loose a lot of functionality?

I did a search for “starter sites classic editor” but got no hits.

Leo had told me that Elementor might slow the site down and for speed it would be best just to use “none.” Would this still hold with the Classic Editor plugin as well?

Thanks

Mark

I have a GP site at GeneratePress.michianait.net

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

I know that in the Site Library (with GP Premium) one of the “page builder” options is “None.” I assume this means Gutenberg, but can I use the classic editor with the starter sites? or would I loose a lot of functionality?

Yes you still can use the classic editor and yes you will loose significant functionality especially for themes that uses GenerateBlocks as you won’t be able to edit them properly as they where made with Gutenberg Editor in mind.

I did a search for “starter sites classic editor” but got no hits.

Yes you won’t find one specific to this. And we really can’t recommend classic editor knowing it’s about to be obsolete as Classic Editor plugin will lose its support in December 2021.

Leo had told me that Elementor might slow the site down and for speed it would be best just to use “none.” Would this still hold with the Classic Editor plugin as well?

No its not the same with Classic Editor, but you will lose a significant amount of functions for editing things.

Mark

Elvin,

Thanks for your email!

Mark

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. 🙂

Morgan

as they where made with Gutenberg Editor in mind.

Hi Elvin,

So *all* starter sites are now updated to work with Gutenberg Blocks?

Is there an updated CSS/Styleguide for all the (new?) Starter sites?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

to the best of my knowledge, aside from probably the Merch site front page, there was no content specific CSS styling applied to those sites. So there were no changes to the style sheets. Any specific site you having an issue with ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.