[Resolved] Standard Classic Theme–How to Move Social Media Icons from Bottom to Top

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Standard Classic Theme–How to Move Social Media Icons from Bottom to Top

Home Forums Support Standard Classic Theme–How to Move Social Media Icons from Bottom to Top

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Annie

I am using the Standard Classic theme/template. I would like to move the social media icons from the bottom to the top. How can I do that?

Thank you,

Annie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Classic is using the footer widgets for those icons.

You can try using the top bar widget area if you want them at the top:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/top-bar-widget-area/

Let me know if this helps πŸ™‚

Annie

Hello.

I have followed the instructions in the link you provided above and added a widget to the top bar for the Lightweight Social icons. I see the blue “edit pencil” icon in the top bar area, but the social icons are not visible. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Annie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you go through the dashboard widget area like this?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/7FclxOxddcr

Let me know πŸ™‚

Annie

I followed the directions on the screenshot you sent and still nothing. In fact, prior to posting in the forum for help, I had followed that exact process likely 10 times.

I can add the social icons into the top bar widget and even choose which social media icons I want and then I save it. But, nothing appears in the top bar, except the “edit pencil” icon when I’m in “Customize.” On the blog pages, nothing shows up in the top bar; it’s just grey.

I’m stumped because I have followed the process on the screenshot you sent multiple times with no results.

Annie

Oddly enough, I just added a “search” widget and an “archives” widget to the top bar and both appear clearly in the top bar. I don;t know if that helps you with trouble shooting the Lightweight Social Media icons issue.

Also, the system indicated the the Lightweight Social Media icons widget has been added to the top bar, they just don’t appear, except for the “edit pencil” icon.

Annie

Also, I just added a social media icon widget to the Header and the same thing happens. The “edit pencil” icon appears, but nothing else–no social media icon.

The only please I am able to see the social media icons is in the footer area, where they were designed into the Classic theme/template.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you add the URL to those icons?

Can you disable the coming soon page so I can take a look?

Annie

I’m so sorry. No, I hadn’t added the URL. I have now an the icon is appearing.

Thank you so very much for helping me with this issue.

Annie

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Annie

Leo, is there a way to position one social media icon in the navigation bar to the far right? I’m just trying to find a place for it where it is seen but not obnoxiously in your face or look too out of place.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Annie

Thank you. I will try it.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.