[Resolved] Sponsor Footer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sponsor Footer

Home Forums Support Sponsor Footer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Eric

I have been searching the forums because I feel this has been asked before but couldn’t find it. I want to create a static footer of sponsor logos below the standard 5 widget footer. I know it can be done in GP Hooks (similar to the header questions asked) but just can’t quite figure it out. I would put the logos between the 5 widget footer and the copyright footer and have a different background color. Any advice would be appreciated!

On that note, any plans to add more container/widget areas in upcoming updates? Thanks!!

http://www.nsata.org/home

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There is a hook available after the footer widgets: generate_after_footer_widgets

So you can use that if you have any PHP experience.

If not, I just added this area to GP Hooks, and will be releasing the new version of it and GP Premium tomorrow.

Let me know if you need the PHP example right now 🙂

Thanks!

Eric

I will wait until tomorrow and give it a try. Definitely not a pro at php but will give it a shot. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The new version of GP Hooks with the After Footer Widgets area has been released.

Thanks!

Eric

Awesome, thanks. I assume it’s the “After Footer Content”?

How would you recommend adding in sponsor logos into this section? I have the Grid Columns plugin, but not sure if I am needing that with the changes you made.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re looking for the “After Footer Widgets” area.

You can definitely use your grid columns plugin – the hooks allow HTML, PHP and shortcodes.

Eric

Unfortunately, I am not seeing that option after updating, am I missing something?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm it should definitely be there – I updated this site to the latest version and can see it.

It should be after “Before Footer”, and before “Before Footer Content”.

Eric

Odd. Just to be sure, I am on 1.1.9 and looking at GP Hooks, but do not have the option. I even tried disabling the plug-in and re-enabling it. I will keep trying things.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Have you updated to the latest version of GP Hooks/GP Premium? That’s where the change will be.

Eric

That was it. I figured I would just get an update notification. Got it now, thanks!

Eric

Ok, sorry to bug you again, but I can’t seem to get the background color to change for the GP hook After Footer Widgets. Any advice on that?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Depends on your container.

If you add a class to your container, like this:

<div class="my-after-widgets-container">
    YOUR STUFF IN HERE
    </div>

Then use CSS to style it:

.my-after-widgets-container {
          background:#000;
    }
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.