[Resolved] Speed optimisation and the use of block element to design site footer

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Speed optimisation and the use of block element to design site footer

Home Forums Support Speed optimisation and the use of block element to design site footer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adrien

Dear GP Team,

I have a question regarding speed optimization and the use of block element to design site footer VS using the out of the box footer with widgets.

Which option would be the lightest in terms of speed?

I am asking this because i’ve noticed Mike Oliver chose block element to design Stream site footer.

Thank you for your guidance. Adrien

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

Which option would be the lightest in terms of speed?

I am asking this because iโ€™ve noticed Mike Oliver chose block element to design Stream site footer.

The default, out of the box widgets is lighter as it doesn’t have to use style and script from GenerateBlocks.

It was done mostly for practical/aesthetic purposes as it is fairly easier to style things with GenerateBlocks. ๐Ÿ™‚

It shouldn’t be much of an issue though. Changing between the 2 choices should have minimal different. Unless of course, if you’re using unoptimized image for your background image. ๐Ÿ˜€

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Adrien

Thank you so much Elvin! Sorry for replying to late.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. ๐Ÿ™‚

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.