[Resolved] Speed Issue

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Speed Issue

Home Forums Support Speed Issue

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Taras

Hi guys,

I am feeling a bit frustrated here. One of the big reasons I got GeneratePress is because I read that it was supposed to be fast due to efficient programming. Speed was the number one factor for me when changing to GeneratePress. But again and again I am finding that my homepage loads slowly. I realize it’s not all due to the theme and a lot has to do with content also – but I have very little content on my homepage!

I did read some other topics on speed and downloaded a plugin called “Autoptimize”, but that made very little difference.

Could anyone please advise what specific steps I could take to increase my homepage load speed?!?

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i ran a GT Metrix test on your site:

https://gtmetrix.com/reports/dacapomusic.ca/b2UKy6P4

I see there are a lot of requests being made from a CDN – some of which are 0 bytes but never the less are eating up request time. And theres a lot of files being served from an FTP site.

First i would look at disabling the CDN as its not working correctly.
    The FTP i assume was set up when the site was being developed but not everything was transfered over to your domain (?). You can try rebuilding URLS with a plugin like this:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

If not your Host should be able to help with both of the above.

Once you got everything running from your own domain we can take another look.

Taras

Okay David, thank you. Much appreciated. I will contact GoDaddy and let them know what you told me. I’ll be in touch.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems – best of luck

Taras

Hi David,

Unfortunately my Host proved to be useless in helping me in any way. They are offering at $200 for speeding up the website, which is ridiculous.

Can you plese help? You said I should disable CDN – can you tell me how to do that?

When you say I should try rebuilding my URLs – are they broken? Could you elaborate.

If you feel my questions fall outside of your responsibilities, please let me know, but I am really hoping for some help here 🙁

Thanks again David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Unfortunately as its all server side issues we can’t provide any assistance. To start with each host will have a different server set-up.
    Try google searching your host name and the terms Disable CDN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.