[Resolved] Spacing Doesn't Include Content?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Spacing Doesn't Include Content?

Home Forums Support Spacing Doesn't Include Content?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Dave

Hi Folks,

(I’m actually running 1.3.44)

I’m new with GP, I recently purchased the premium edition. I like the premium features, but am surprised that spacing doesn’t seem to include any functionality for handling spacing within the actual content of the page.

For example, look at this page:
    https://www.philcata.com/donor_offering/

The code shows that the entry-summary CSS class has a top margin of 2em, and in this case, that is too much. I’d like to adjust this done, is there a way to do so through GP without going into the code? I can edit code myself, but I’d like for others to be able to adjust settings without needing to know coding.

Thanks,
    Dave

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Dave,

Most recent version of GP theme is 1.3.44 and premium plugin is 1.2.94.

That spacing might be a future feature but you would have to do it with CSS for now unfortunately

Keep in mind that we try to include features that the majority of people would want (colors, font, layouts etc) while keeping everything lightweight and simple so it’s lightning fast πŸ™‚

Dave

Thanks for the clarification. I hope it does make its way in sometime in the future. It seems to me that right now individuals who don’t have coding experience would need a third-party page builder to handle this sort of thing, which isn’t ideal…as that does usually weigh things down quite a bit! πŸ™‚

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The main reason why we have an open style support forum, instead of a ticketing system like lots of other premium themes are using, is for individuals who don’t have coding knowledge to ask any questions and we can help them with quick CSS solutions and the answers might help someone else down the road.

I think at least 50% of topics here are general CSS help. Sometimes nothing to do with GP either.

I would hope that when people want to change the .entry-content margin for example, they would ask us on here first instead of choosing the page builder options right away πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

There’s definitely some things I’d like to add to Spacing, including the .entry-content margin you mentioned (I’d actually like to apply it to the bottom of the title instead), spacing below widget titles, spacing after headings etc..

Definitely in the plans πŸ™‚

Kristijan

hi,

can you please share CSS which adds custom spacing after headings (separately for H1, H2, H3)

thank you,
    Kristijan

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Try

h1 {
        padding-bottom: 10px;
    }
    h2 {
    }
    h3 {
    }
    Kristijan

great, thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.