[Resolved] Some Settings Not Showing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Some Settings Not Showing

Home Forums Support Some Settings Not Showing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Michele

I see another post with a user who just purchased and states that some settings are not showing up. I’m having the same issue. I bought the full package of add-ons and I should have the ability to add paralax or video images to the page headers but I don’t even have a Page Header tab in my Customizer bar and many things seem to be missing that are showing in the video on this page https://generatepress.com/downloads/generate-page-header/

I have Set Front Page
    Site Identity
    Layout
    Colors
    Blog Page Header
    Menu Plus
    Element Spacing
    Background Images
    Typography
    Blog
    Menus
    Secondary Navigation
    Widgets

When first try view the page I want to edit from within the editor, I see more options under Page Header at the bottom. I see Image Settings, Video Settings, Content Settings, and Advanced Settings. Within a few seconds, the screen flickers and the only buttons that remain are Image Settings and Content Settings. It does this in both Firefox and Chrome.

Did something go wrong with the latest WordPress update? I can give you a login to the site I’m building here: http://lisaturan.com if it will help.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This is happening because you have no content added into the content section of the Page Header.

The settings check to see if you have content, and hide the unnecessary options if you don’t.

Once content is added, those options will appear.

Let me know if you need more info πŸ™‚

Michele

Thank you so much! I finally understood what you were saying. It works perfectly now! Thanks again for the quick reply and for helping me to understand. I guess what made it difficult for me was that I wanted an image in the header below the navigation, but then I just wanted a normal page title below the image. I didn’t understand that you still have to put something in that section where the Content button is to make it work. I just put a space character in   and all my options now show up!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Michele.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I was able to help πŸ™‚

Elizalde

Good day,
    May I know what content you are referring to? I don’t see the advanced settings either.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Which advanced settings? In the Page Header add-on?

If so, content must be added into the content area in order for those advanced settings to appear.

Elizalde

Hello there,

I was just confused. Anyone who might be lost about the page header advanced settings could just refer to this link https://generatepress.com/downloads/generate-page-header/

Thanks Tom for the outstanding support.

Elizalde

Btw, Is it possible to integrate post sliders using page headers feature? Thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely, you would just add the shortcode generated by the slider plugin you’re using into the Content area of the page header πŸ™‚

Elizalde

Perfect. Thanks a lot!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

David

In page header I only see Image and Content tabs even after entering content into the editor box? Any ideas why that would be?

Many thanks,

Dave

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If adding content into the content area doesn’t make the other options display, it means javascript isn’t firing which could be caused by another plugin with some faulty javascript.

Give #1 on this page a try: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.