[Resolved] Some questions about category and tag page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Some questions about category and tag page

Home Forums Support Some questions about category and tag page

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ricardo

Hi,

Hope that your support team is in good health.

I’m not sure if it’s reasonable to ask this here, because this is a kind of customization work.

Anyway, there’s one thing that I guess it’s not and I’ll start by that.

Could you check this page please:

https://anexim.pt/category/proverbios-sobre-o-homem/

1- There are some posts that have the “read more” button and others that don’t have. How can I control that? I would like to have it in all of them.

2- How can I control the excerpt word count, not counting with the title? What I mean is that in customizing/layout/blog you can control “Excerpt word count” but that count includes the title.

3- If that is not possible how can I show only the title of the post without the first paragraphs of the post?

4- What is the selector of the post title (only the title) so I can edit it on additional css?

Thanks in advance,
    Ricardo

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. Are you using manual excerpts at all? If so, you may need to do this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/activating-read-custom-excerpt/

2. The word count shouldn’t count the title unless the title is within the content itself. The excerpt function processes the_content() function, which only has the content of your post.

4. Give this a shot: h2.entry-title

Ricardo

Hi,

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my inexperience. It’s the first time I’m dealing with categories and tags page

1- Showing the content or not depends on the content length.

2- forgot that I was repeating the title in the content

Thanks for helping a noob!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.