[Support request] Some posts don’t display excerpt and/or Read More button

Home Forums Support [Support request] Some posts don’t display excerpt and/or Read More button

Home Forums Support Some posts don’t display excerpt and/or Read More button

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    nickgray

Hi there,

Previously I had this problem https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/blog-page-just-ignores-customizer-settings/ which is mainly resolved by the provided solution, but still there are some posts that don’t display excerpt and/or read more button on Blog page. I have checked all of these posts and can’t figure out why. All post formats are set to standard, everything looks the same as on the correctly displayed posts, but still some posts are just blank below the title or they don’t have read more button for some reason. Can’t figure out how to simply share you screenshots, but if you scroll down on the blog page you will see that for example “Roatan, Honduras: Pictures and Notes” and “Elementary School Career Day: Tips and Tricks for Speakers” posts are empty below the post title (no excerpt, no continue reading), while “Things To Do in Hong Kong: My Favorites 2018” has an excerpt but there’s no Continue reading button.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

In those posts with no excerpt, can you check to see if there are any empty spaces added to the “Excerpt” metabox while editing that post? Sometimes if there are empty spaces in there, this will happen.

Let us know ๐Ÿ™‚

nickgray

No, unfortunately, it is not the case. ๐Ÿ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

seen a couple of issues like this before, where all tests we performed were fruitless and the only fix was to create a new version of the post.

nickgray

Thank you, but I’m afraid it will affect SEO, since many of these posts have backlinks and I’m not sure if those will be preserved once the post is created again.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

One thing to check is if your server has page caching – clear any caches just in case.

Try changing the Post Format to something else, publish those changes. And then revert it to the standard format and republish.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.