- This topic has 11 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 4 months ago by Leo.
May 31, 2017 at 10:17 pm #326959Whelen Troy
I am adding a social sharing plug in: Social Warfare.
With this, I wanted to do some edits on my site.
1. How to disable the social sharing plugin of GeneratePress theme below the content?
2. I wanted to put the social sharing icons below the title of my posts, how to do this?
3. When I activated the floating option at the bottom of the page, it overlaps the back-to-top button. I don’t want this. I still want the back-to-top button to show.
thanks.GP Premium 1.3May 31, 2017 at 10:59 pm #326981LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. GP doesn’t add any social sharing plugin by default. Not sure which ones you are referring to.
3. What floating option?May 31, 2017 at 11:03 pm #326985Whelen Troy
1. If you scroll down at the end of the post, you will see a sharing option just right before the related posts section.
2. I don’t know what to add in there to achieve my goal, can you please help em out?
3. I have changed the floating options. Disregard this, I think I was able to settle this one on my own. Thanks!May 31, 2017 at 11:14 pm #326991LeoStaffCustomer Support
1. Looks like it’s from a plugin called Sharedaddy maybe?
2. This page gives really good instruction: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-hooks/
Let me know if you can’t get it to work.May 31, 2017 at 11:27 pm #326999Whelen Troy
1. it was a plugin for jetpack. got this figured out.
2. I am not sure what codes to add, can you help me out please? I know where to add the code. But I am not sure which code.May 31, 2017 at 11:33 pm #327007LeoStaffCustomer SupportMay 31, 2017 at 11:39 pm #327016Whelen Troy
Not getting it. I don’t know where to find the codes.June 1, 2017 at 12:09 am #327026TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
You would have to get them from a plugin/custom HTML/PHP. Most social sharing plugins have options to add the icons above or below the content automatically. Some should also do the title I believe, but I’m not 100% sure.June 3, 2017 at 8:10 pm #328228Whelen Troy
What plugin would recommend in this case?
Cheers!June 4, 2017 at 12:07 am #328268TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
I don’t really have one I specifically like. There’s tons of them out there though if you do a search.
One I see brought up a lot is “Social Warfare”.June 4, 2017 at 5:37 am #328344Whelen Troy
I am currently using this one Tom. Thanks!
One more, how about related content below the posts. Do you have something to recommend?June 4, 2017 at 8:55 am #328401LeoStaffCustomer Support
This one has pretty good review looks like: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/contextual-related-posts/
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.