- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years, 2 months ago by Tom.
July 31, 2018 at 4:50 pm #637354Brian
I am making a blog site at /localhost (my bad, my boss doesn’t want my work on the internet yet) and I am trying to make a downward pointing chevron to place on the bottom of a hero image that allows users to click it in order to scroll down to the post content. I have everything looking good, the smooth-scrolling is checked and the code for my chevron is:
<link rel=”stylesheet” href=”https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/font-awesome/4.7.0/css/font-awesome.min.css”>
And I used the “addfilter” function from here to try and really slow down the transition.
Everything seems to be working as intended with the exception of three issues:
1) Contrary to the documentation, the smooth-scroll doesn’t sense my sticky-navigation (I have set up an invisible anchor point above my target to work around this).
2) The link only works once per page-load. Clicking on the chevron again does nothing, though it can still be used to open the link in a new tab.
3) The addfilter duration is having no effect on the duration of the animation.
Oddly enough, if I use the chevron to open a link in a new tab, the destination page has none of these issues, so I know what it should look like when successful. I apologize that I can’t post a link to the site, but does there seem to be an apparent reason smooth scrolling isn’t working properly for me?GeneratePress 2.1.3July 31, 2018 at 4:54 pm #637360Brian
Also, I am adding the addfilter code through the code snippets plugin by Shea Bunge.July 31, 2018 at 4:57 pm #637362Brian
I should also probably mention that I am structuring all of my content with the free version of Elementor plus Anywhere Elementor Pro.July 31, 2018 at 5:23 pm #637387TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
This kind of thing is super hard to debug without seeing it unfortunately. Is there a way the site can be temporarily migrated to a private server?
We made some improvements to the smooth scroll functionality in GPP 1.7, which is available for testing: https://generatepress.com/gp-premium-1-7/July 31, 2018 at 5:34 pm #637398Brian
Ah, darn. Well, I have never migrated from localhost to a private server before but I wouldn’t mind giving it a try. Any preferred methods of doing so quickly?July 31, 2018 at 5:35 pm #637400TomLead DeveloperLead Developer
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.