[Support request] Smooth scroll not really smooth

Home Forums Support [Support request] Smooth scroll not really smooth

Home Forums Support Smooth scroll not really smooth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Norman

Hi team GP,

I’m sorry to bother for the second time today. My smooth scroll is not that smooth is it? Did I do something wrong?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Norman, have you activated the smooth scroll in the customiser? Its under General. And the Klik Hier button has a class of smooth, this should be smooth-scroll

Norman

Hi David,

I used this to do the smooth-scroll: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/60b9235b43866e346320e11cf40bb054

I deleted that code and did what you said, but it is still not smooth. It jumps to the target area.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Norman, yes smooth-scroll is now built in so no need for the additional code. Just make sure it is active in the customiser. And you need to change your button class from smooth to smooth-scroll

Anass

Me too I observe that the effect is not applied when the option is marked. Is there any way to solve this? Thanks.

Norman

Hi David,

I changed that class, but it doesn’t make a difference.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Norman, possibly a plugin conflict, can you try disabling other plugins to see if there is a clash? I would start with the header position highlight bar you are using.

Let me know

Norman

Except for these plugins, I deactivated all of them, and it still didn’t work.

GP premium
    Gridable
    Simple CSS
    Updraft
    WPML

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Norman,

could be a bug with the sticky navigation, can you disable this for me please and remove the reading bar as well.

Norman

I have both disabled

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Norman, ok sorry this is taking so long. I can see the #start ID on the button. Where is the anchor link for this to jump to? Personally i would use the GeneratePress Section ID as my jump link.

Norman

It’s no problem, I’m glad you can help.

I placed this anchor in the page header

<a name="start"></a>

So the smooth scroll would go down the page to the first section.

I’ve changed the # to the section ID, bit it seems not to make a difference..

Edit: to clarify, it scrolls to the right place, but it jumps instead of smooth scrolling

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Norman, now if it is this, then i will kick myself and laugh a lot. The a href you have got has a comma in the classes like so:

<a class="smooth-scroll, button2 green" href="#homekeuze"><b>Klik hier</b></a>

remove that comma so:

<a class="smooth-scroll button2 green" href="#homekeuze"><b>Klik hier</b></a>

Norman

Hi David,

I’m afraid you have to kick yourself, because it works now 😀

It’s unbelievable how such a small thing can make a difference.

Thanks a lot for finding it out!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ha ha, Norman thank you for your patience, i think i went code blind…… note to self on this one. Glad it’s working!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.