[Resolved] smartslider slideshow as header element background in terms of viewing on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] smartslider slideshow as header element background in terms of viewing on mobile

Home Forums Support smartslider slideshow as header element background in terms of viewing on mobile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    letsdoit

Hello Team,

Comparison of Header Element on Home versus About/Photographers Page

On About and Photographers Page, I have header element with image as background. When I view these two pages on mobile, image height is different and it looks as I want.
    It has more height as compared to Smartslider shortcode Header element version on homepage.

Is there a way that home page slider also looks same in proportion as About and Photogrpaher header element.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if thats possible. You would need to check with the Slider Plugin author to see if there is a ‘crop / scale’ feature for mobile.

letsdoit

Okay, Thanks David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hope you find the answer 🙂

letsdoit

Hello David,

I tried this workaround, but can you advise if its missing something or can be done better or not.

1. Added hide-on-mobile class to Header Element for front page.
    2. Created second slider of width 375 and height 667 (or if their is any better size, pls share).
    3. Created new Header Element and added shortcode of second slider for front page and added hide-on-desktop class to it.

Q1. – Is this achievable or right practice.
    Q2. – I have used class hide-on-desktop but its not showing on mobile though hidden on desktop.
    Q3. – Can I also use hide-on-tablet class alongwith hide-on-mobile class for same header element.

Thanks…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I found this topic for Smart Slider:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/custom-slider-height-for-mobile/

Looks like their is a Minimum Height option you can set.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.