[Resolved] Smart Slider not working

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Smart Slider not working

Home Forums Support Smart Slider not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Wendy

I installed Smart Slider and put a slide show on my home page. I did this by adding the Smart Slider shortcode into the content area of my home page. The slide show works fine when viewed from Smart Slider’s dashboard preview, but it does not work when I view it on the site. The first page of the slide shows on my site, and it even has the navigation arrows on each end to scroll forward or back, but when I click either of them, they don’t scroll to the next page. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a code I need to put in the Additional CSS section? BTW, I’m not a coding expert.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

There shouldn’t be any extra code required for Smart Sliders to work with GP.

Are you able to provide a link to your site?

Wendy

newbedfordseafood.org

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you wanting that slider on every page?

Wendy

No, only the home page

Wendy

I just tested the site in tablet and cell phone display modes, and the sliders work fine there, just not in desktop mode. hmm

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s currently blocked by the header padding: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-padding/

If you change it to 0 then it should work. But I’m assuming you want the navigation to be below it?

Wendy

my client wants the navigation below it. what do you recommend for the padding?

Wendy

BTW, I have played around with the padding continuously and what works for the home page with the slider, does not work so well for the other pages that each contain a header image that are the same size as the slider images (go figure)

Wendy

Thanks for your help. I changed the padding and the slide show works.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.