[Resolved] Smaller font size on mobile

Home Forums Support Smaller font size on mobile

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Cristo Rey

Hi Tom,

I took a while, but I was able to remove all the inline styles on the pages of my site (it was a beginner’s mistake to use them in the first place). Still have a few posts to correct, then I am through.

So still not sure what to do next…use the css that Leo suggested? My site now uses 16 pt but I want the mobile to be smaller on small screen devices, perhaps similar to what TripAdvisor uses on their mobile verson.

Any suggestions?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You would need different CSS for different element (h1, h2, body etc).

My CSS will work for the body.

Feel free to link me to your site and specify which element you would like to change and I can provide the rest of the CSS.

Cristo Rey

Thanks, Leo. I did link it in my post….but here it is again. Not sure what the ideal size would be. Looking at the last 30 days, I have about 25k sessions, about half of them using mobile devices, about 10k on mobile devices (not tablets)

Accoriding to google analytics the top ones for small screens were 360×500, 380×550, 380×560, 320×460

Not sure if that tells you anything.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So on that page I see h1, h2 and p, so your CSS would be something like this:

@media (max-width: 768px) {
        h1 {
            font-size: 20px;
        }
        h2 {
            font-size: 15px;
        }
        p {
            font-size: 10px;
        }
    }
    Cristo Rey

Thanks, Leo…..I will have to wait until tomorrow to try it out, but if you did it I am sure it will work out great!

Cristo Rey

Well, as usual, it worked out just as I wanted. The customer support you guys give is fantastic! Only thing I did was change the paragraph font size to 12 px, just a little bigger…looks great on my small samsung galaxy.

Forgot to mention…..if I did not have simple CSS, I would not have known how to implement this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad it’s working 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.