[Resolved] Slider Header

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Slider Header

Home Forums Support Slider Header

• This topic has 18 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Cassandra Teo

Hi there,

How do I add sliding images to my header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi,

First you’ll need some sort of slideshow plugin – if you do a Google search you’ll find tons of them.

Then you can use our Page Header addon, or our GP Hooks addon, and add the shortcode for the slider in your desired location.

If you want it above the navigation, where you header or logo goes, you’ll need the GP Hooks addon.

If you want it below the navigation where your featured image goes, you can use the Page Header addon.

Let me know if you need more info.
    Tom

Cassie

Thanks, Tom. Will let you know if I have any problems with it.

Catherine Pelonero

Hi Tom,

I want to add a slider created with Smart Slider 3 using the Page Header addon. I have the code for the slider:
    – <?php
    echo do_shortcode(‘[smartslider3 slider=7]’);
    ?>

but I don’t know where to paste it. I’m not terribly savvy with this kind of thing. I have the slider on my home page now but I want to move it up to the header area below the navigation. Where exactly do I paste the code and how do I get there? Please pretend you are explaining it to a slow 5 year-old. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

If you’re using the Page Header add-on, you can paste the shortcode into the “Content” tab:

[smartslider3 slider=7]

That should display it in the Page Header area πŸ™‚

Catherine Pelonero

Ah! That did it. I was just pasting the wrong slider code into the page header content tab.

Thanks, Tom! I guess I’m gonna buy you a cup of coffee. πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help, and thank you! I need it with the new addition to our family keeping me up at nights πŸ˜‰

Catherine Pelonero

Got it. I have two boys, ages 9 and 10, and they STILL keep me up nights!
    Congratulations on the new addition to the family, and thanks for an awesome WordPress theme!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Uh oh, what have I done πŸ˜‰ haha I’m sure it’s worth it!

Thanks so much for the coffees πŸ™‚

Jessica

Hi Tom,

I used a shortcode to insert a slider as you outlined here, but it’s not showing on my site :-\
    https://oralhealthamerica.org/2016-wptheme/

Is my slideshow plugin not compatible with GP Premium?

Thanks,
    Jessica

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jessica.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Roger

Hi Tom,

Sorry to bring up a long dead post, but I’ve tried the shortcode and get no slider. Tried the topic in your last comment too but that didn’t help as none of the plugins I’ve tried has that option. If I paste the shortcode in GP_Hooks it makes my header huge to accommodate the logo, but I actually just want the logo floating in front of the image slider. Help would be appreciated! Thanks.

EDIT: Managed to find another topic here that solved the problem – so for anyone who arrives here with the same issue as me, check this solution out: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-slider-behind-the-header-logo/

Tommi

Hi,

I managed to merge the slider (Smart Slider) to the header elements (menu & logo). It works fine. BUT I get extra space below the header. Please check this: https://imgur.com/a/IHo3dcP

– Tommi

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Tommi,

Any chance you can open a new topic for your question and provide a link to your site?

Thanks!

Tommi

Hi Leo,

I’ll do that later. Our site is still in maintenance mode and not open.

– Tommi

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.