Celebrating 7 Years! Get up to $30 off GeneratePress Premium!

[Resolved] Slideout menu position at bottom of page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Slideout menu position at bottom of page

Home Forums Support Slideout menu position at bottom of page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Shaun

Hi guys, I learned that the sticky menu causes problems on mobile devices when it’s too long (i.e. you can’t scroll), so I decided to use the slideout navigation instead. However, on my site, the slideout appears all the way at the bottom of any given page. What could be causing this?

GeneratePress 2.1.2
    GP Premium 1.6.2
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Shaun,

could be a few things, try clearing the caches (particularly Autoptimize).
    If not, then remove the JS Optimization from Autoptimize.
    Theres a chance its related to some of the other fixed plugins e.g Sumo that is conflicting so last stop is to eliminate plugin conflict by disabling other plugins.

Shaun

Hmmmmmm… I can’t seem to find the source of it. Disabled the most likely offenders (including Autoptimize) but nothing’s working. Never mind I’ll reduce the top and bottom padding of each item in the menu and see if it helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s likely being caused by this error: https://www.screencast.com/t/LtP4PLNp

If you right click + Inspect your page, you’ll see it within the “Console” tab. If you find the culprit and fix it, the slideout navigation should start working.

Shaun

Ah! Then I think it’s the entry of having Beamer in the primary menu, rather than the plugin itself, which would explain why I couldn’t find the problematic plugin despite disabling most of them.

Thanks so much for your help, Tom and David 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Shaun, glad you got it resolved.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.