[Resolved] Slideout menu icon hover option in desktop view?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Slideout menu icon hover option in desktop view?

Home Forums Support Slideout menu icon hover option in desktop view?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kim

Hi!

In Customize>Primary Navigation I’ve set Navigation Dropdown to Hover. I’ve also set Slideout Navigation to Both. As expected, when I hover over a ‘normal’ menu item in desktop view the pulldown opens automatically – very sexy:) However, when hovering over the ‘hamburger’ Slideout Navigation icon, nothing happens. In mobile view this obviously doesn’t matter, but in desktop view it would be great if the behaviour was consistent with that of the other menu items. Have I missed a setting somewhere, or is this actually a feature request?

Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kim,

The slide-out menu trigger (hamburger icon) requires a click to open the panel. This is intentional, as the slide-out navigation appearing on hover could be a bad experience for users who mistakenly hover over it.

It’s also becoming the “norm” for people now to click on those hamburger icons to reveal menus etc..

Kim

OK. I was going for ‘consistent behaviour across menu-items’, but I could always drop the hover-functionality on the other items I suppose. Particularly if it’s going out of fashion:)

Kim

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hover is good, but the menu icon is typically a click to open type of thing 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.