Black Friday Sale! Get $20 off GP Premium, $40 off our new Lifetime license, and 45% off license renewals/extensions! Learn more

[Support request] Slide-Out Navigation

Home Forums Support Slide-Out Navigation

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jason Westbrook

Hey guys. It appears the newest version of GP now has the slide-out activated and included. I have a few questions on how to enable some features on the slide-out portion of the website now that it is hard coded into the theme.

1. How do I make the slide-out navigation come from the left side of the website.

2. How would I increase the size of the “x” to match the size of the primary navigation.

3. How would I be able to move the overall text down as its justified to the top of the slide-out. I’d like to move it down.

4. How can I keep the background of the slide-out grey but not the background of the hamburger icon. (refer to the private link below to see)

Thanks so much for your help! Love GP!

GeneratePress 1.4
    GP Premium 1.4.3
    Jason Westbrook

sorry. #1 How do I move the slideout to come from the right side not left. 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Slideout navigation has been there for awhile now actually 🙂

1. https://docs.generatepress.com/article/open-slideout-navigation-right/

2. Try

.slideout-toggle a {
        font-size: 20px;
        background-color: #ffffff;
    }

3. Try

#generate-slideout-menu {
        padding-top: 50px;
    }

4. Included in #1

Jason Westbrook

thanks….

#2 adds a white background to the icon and boxes it out. I need to make that transparent so the hamburger icon only is seen. Hope that make sense!

Jason Westbrook

also….forgot to ask.

is there a way to add other things like embeded video or social media icons to the slideout? If so is how would I go about doing that. 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can change the background color to whatever you like, for example transparent;.

This should help: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_inside_slideout_navigation/

Beau

I can’t find the color editor for the Slide Out menu in the Customizer… is it in there or do we have to add CSS?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Beau, it’s currently the same as Primary Navigation > Background

If you need something different than the primary navigation color, can you open a new topic? I can help with some CSS. Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.