[Support request] Skin around site

Home Forums Support [Support request] Skin around site

Home Forums Support Skin around site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marco Di Fresco

Hi,
    I am trying to implement a skin ad around my site. You can see the experimentation I am doing here.

The skin is delivered via Google Ad Manager and I have implemented the code via Elements (hook: wp_head). I also added the following css:

/* Skin ad */
    #div-gpt-ad-1592149530330-0 {
    	position: fixed;
    	width: 1900px;
    	height: 1000px;
    	left: 50%;
    	margin-left: -950px;
    	z-index: -1;
    }

There are two things I am not able to figure out:
    1) the sidebars that appears on the right and left for some reason are not clickable;
    2) if the div is not empty (meaning that Google Ad Manager returned an AD – and it is not something that will happen always) I would like to move the whole site (but not the ad – basically from the header part down) 150 px below (basically the ad image is 1000 px in height and I want to show the first 150 px and keep the other 850 px below the site).

Can you please help? Thanks in advance.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What is the difference between the skin you’ve implemented and body background image? It looks the same to me.

1) I just view the site with AdBlock off and the links in sidebar seem to be working for me.

2) That sounds like it would require some sort of custom solution or javascript which is outside the scope of this forum.

Marco Di Fresco

Hi Leo,
    the difference with the body background image is that I would not load the skin on the site directly, but instead on Google Ad Manager; on the site I have implemented a general JS tag (from Google Ad Manager).

When you mention that it is working, do you mean that it is clickable?

Thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

have you looked at using a plugin:

https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-ads/

I am note sure if background skins are included in the free version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.