[Resolved] site width

Home Forums Support [Resolved] site width

Home Forums Support site width

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mark

Hi guys

I know there are probably a billion answers to this that have been covered before.

i started out using a premade layout that has a hook for site width.

The site looks perfect when i don’t have a sidebar, it sits nicely centred, but when I add a sidebar it shrinks the content layout and tries to squeeze the content and the sidebar into the same width as previous. There seems to be as much white space width either side as there is in the centre where the content and sidebar is

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Mark,

Can you link us to the site you’re working on? So we can check it out and point you to the settings that has to be changed.

Note: The size of the content area is usually set on Appearance > Customize > Layout > Container. It’s the Container width you have to increase. A layout element found on Appearance > Elements can have this effect as well so that’s worth checking too. πŸ™‚

mark
    Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I see.

In this site, you see to have a Layout Element that restricts the content width to 700px for Posts – All posts.

You can find this Layout element on Appearance > Elements.

Go to its “Content” tab and increase the width value to your preference. πŸ˜€

mark

Thank you

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem. πŸ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.