[Resolved] Site Title not centered when Header widget populated

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Title not centered when Header widget populated

Home Forums Support Site Title not centered when Header widget populated

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Lyle

I came across this behavior when assisting someone on the GP FB group.

The OP wanted to add an email address to the upper right of the header that has the Header Alignment set to Centered. No problem. Add an HTML widget with the link to the Header widget position.

However doing so shifts the Site Title to the left. I tried setting the .header-widget max-width to a lower value and it helped, but still not completely centered.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Lyle,

Tom suggested using absolute position for header widget here: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/keep-logo-centered-when-adding-widgets-to-header/#post-41457

I think the split header method might work better though as you would have more control over the layout: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/split-header-three-sections/

Lyle

Thanks Leo πŸ™‚

I’m with Tom on absolute positioning so will give the split header method a go πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

One day maybe we’ll make the switch to Flexbox in the header. It would help with stuff like this, but currently requires a bunch of pollyfils for older browsers.

Lyle

That would be great, Tom πŸ™‚

My “vision” for the “ultimate GP header” would have it structured like the footer widgets, where on can select how many “header widgets” one wants. There would then need to be three new widgets: GP site logo, GP site title and GP site description, all pulling from the info set up in the Customizer πŸ™‚ Drag them to the desired header widget locations, along with any other widgets that fits your fancy.

I know you are loath to code bloat, but I can always dream! πŸ™‚ And no need to build the header with a page builder!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Definitely an interesting idea. The hard part is making it backward compatible with the 90,000+ people using the standard GP header πŸ˜‰

Lyle

Perhaps in a new Premium GP child theme? πŸ˜‰ I’d pay for that!

elsa

Hi Tom/Leo,
    How to insert widget and secondary menu to the right part after splitting the header?

Thanks

elsa

Hi,
    I’ve found it on the post, thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.