- This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 6 months ago by David.
January 23, 2021 at 10:22 pm #1631009Juned
I am very excited since yesterday as my site is live now.
I would like to bring to your notice and I seek for your suggestion for:
1. Till the time when my site was at staging, the Pingdom Tools was showing site Page Size as 7.2 KB. After it’s live, it is showing now 669.4 KB and Performance Grade is C. Earlier it was only A.
2. GTMetrix was showing A when site was staging, now its also showing “C” only.
3. PageSpeed score for mobile has also been reduce.
Kindly do the needful.January 24, 2021 at 9:07 am #1631627DavidStaffCustomer Support
Your FCP time is based upon your initial server request time, as Google servers are US based and your Server i assume is in Asia these times are much longer than your local users will experience ( confirmed by running a GT Metrix test on a Mumbai server and the first response is under 1 second ) – once Google collects some realworld useage this will improve.
Then look at the other issues – the main one is:
This script is for updating dates – not sure why its necessary but is part of your WP install but i have never seen this on a default install … if you’re not aware of adding this then you should check with your host to see why its there.January 24, 2021 at 9:12 am #1631633Juned
Both my server and target audience are in India.
Regarding other issue, I will check with my host.
Thanks.January 24, 2021 at 9:46 am #1631675DavidStaffCustomer Support
In that case then i would ignore the timings Google is providing – once Realword data is collected it will show an improvement.
The only other way to improve that would be to use a CDN so it can server files local to the google servers … but that would be a waste of time and resources in my opinion.
Glad to be of help.January 24, 2021 at 9:52 am #1631683Juned
Thank you for your suggestion.
One last thing: Earlier Pingdom was showing page size as 7.2kb and now it has increased drastically at my live site.
Any suggestions for this?January 24, 2021 at 10:35 am #1631717DavidStaffCustomer SupportJanuary 24, 2021 at 10:38 am #1631724Juned
Perfect. Thanks a lot. I got it.January 24, 2021 at 10:40 am #1631727
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.