[Support request] Site not loading properly

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site not loading properly

Home Forums Support Site not loading properly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jen

I have just switched to Generate Press Premium from Thrive Themes. I am still using Thrive page builder for the moment but have changed the Thrive Theme to Marketer.
    I am just getting used to all the settings but there is one thing I am having trouble with. When I open my site on desktop I can momentarily see a list -sorry don’t know the technical terms of everything on my site in a long list. It happens quickly and is literally just there for a second or two before the site loads normally.
    It does not appear to be a plugin problem.

I use WPX for hosting and I have WP Rocket installed. I checked browsers and it loads fine on Chrome and the site loads okay but not on Firefox. Also not in incognito mode in Firefox.

I changed the theme to 2019 and it worked perfectly even on Firefox. Because of this I am thinking that it must be related to the theme somehow.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there

It looks like things are loading without CSS applied to them momentarily.

Does it happen if you disable WP Rocket?

If not, are you using the critical CSS option in WP Rocket?

Jen

Hi Tom
    Thanks for your reply. I deactivated WP Rocket and the site opened fine in Firefox.

Regarding the critical CSS option, yes it is enabled. I have done it on a post by post basis, in the sidebar of edit post.

As soon as I reactivated WP Rocket the problem came back.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What happens of you enable WP Rocket but disable the Critical CSS option?

Jen

Hi David

I have disabled critical CSS and it loads okay now in Firefox so I will just leave it like that. Speed wise the difference seems to be negligible on Gmetrix, Pingdom and PageSpeed. It’s those Core Vitals that are doing my head in.

I am finding myself wasting time trying to fix things on my site with the result that I have a little bit of knowledge about quite a few things but just an annoying amount, I don’t really understand the back end of things.

Anyway, getting to know Generate Press a little and it is great.

Thanks for your help.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that.
    Might be worth just reviewing your sites performance on GT Metrix. Have a look at the Waterfall and see what is making the most requests and whether they can be improved. For example i see Zoom Social Icons requires 3 x CSS, 1 x JS and 1 x Icon … none of which are large files and may not even be a problem – but 5 requests to display some icons is a little crazy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.