[Resolved] Site License

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site License

Home Forums Support Site License

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dick

Hi,

one of my sites i installed GeneratePress on is handed over to another developer. I told him that he has to purchase a license of his own, since I’m not maintaining the site any longer.
    He also locked me out of the backend, so i don’t have access anymore and can’t remove my license code.
    I was wondering what to do? For example, what happens when i say ‘deactive site’ in my GeneratePress customer portal? Will the site function, but updates are not coming in?
    Hope to hear from you.

dasigna

just deactivate that particular site in your account settings ‘manage sites’.
    doesnt bother anything on the site, just deactivates your GP key for it (so the new developer wont be able to get updates until he enters his own key).

tom or leo may correct me if i am wrong – but thats how it should be.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, that should do it.

If not, we’ll have to regenerate a new key for you (which isn’t a big deal).

Dick

Thanks, all. I’ve deactivated the site. I wonder if the premium plugins are still available for them. Seems a little unfair to the developer (Tom) when someone is using the premium plugins for GeneratePress without paying for a license.

But, i’ll leave this experience behind me. Time to move on.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, doesn’t look like that will work – I’m going to have to look into that.

I can generate a fresh license key for you if you like?

Dick

For me, it’s not needed to have a new license. I’m Ok. I don’t think they are able to use the license anywhere else now.
    But if you feel more comfortable generating a fresh license, that’s ok. I guess i have to login to all my sites and just change the key?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No worries, we’ll keep it the same 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.