[Resolved] Site Library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Library

Home Forums Support Site Library

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    bigfoot3000

Hi,

I cannot see nor access to install my Site Library. I read the various suggestions on the Forum and I have my PHP set to 7.2 and sent this to my hosting provider, “I am having difficulties with accessing a feature from a wordpress theme I installed and in order to access it’s various theme library I needed to set the PHP version to 5.6 or higher (which I have done to 7.2) and also that I needed to check with my hosting that my server can communicate with gpsites.co? They use wp_safe_remote_get() to grab the available Sites for the library. If that communication fails, the library won’t display.”

To which I got this reply, “It’s not something I’ve heard of unfortunately, can you clarify on what’s needed on our end in order for this to work properly as searching through the internet really doesn’t provide any useful information whatsoever.”

Also, I am unable to see an Update button after activating the license, I assume this is also something to do with the gpsites.co.

Please can you provide further details on how to get the Site Library working and what my Hosting Provider needs to do in order to get this fully working.

Thank you.

bigfoot3000

Oops! I don’t know how to delete this added comment (only able to edit it), please ignore this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Which version of GP them and GP Premium are you using?

You can check in Appearance > Themes and Appearance > Plugins.

Let me know.

bigfoot3000

Hi,

The GP theme version is: 2.0.2

and the GP Premium version is: 1.6.2

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sounds like you have everything set up correctly.

That means it’s likely the communication with gpsites.co. You can ask your host to make sure your server can communicate with gpsites.co.

If there’s no communication, no Sites can be loaded, so the library doesn’t load.

bigfoot3000

Hi Tom,

Yes, I have spoken with my hosting company, they are still unaware of gpsites.co, they tried searching for more information online but were unsuccessful. They asked me to ask you for more details regarding this and they will see if it can be added on my server. What do they need to do on their end? Do you have a link please?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

They just need to make sure your server can communicate with that URL. It shouldn’t be too difficult – if your server can ping gpsites.co and get a response, you should be able to get items from the Site Library.

If it’s not able to get a response, we need to know why and make any necessary adjustments.

bigfoot3000

I told them what you said above and they replied below…

“Here are the results of the server ping:”

“ping gpsites.co
    PING gpsites.co (162.243.245.157) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from 162.243.245.157 (162.243.245.157): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=109 ms
    64 bytes from 162.243.245.157 (162.243.245.157): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=108 ms
    64 bytes from 162.243.245.157 (162.243.245.157): icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=109 ms”

“So our server can reach the remote server given in your response, you should be able to pull the contents.”

So, the hosting company is able to communicate with gpsites.co, but the Site Library (along with the update button) is not appearing.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome.

Ok, so onto the next possibility – our server has locked your server out.

Can you let me know the IP of your server? You can share it in here or email it to us: https://generatepress.com/contact/

bigfoot3000

Ok, I have sent it via the contact page.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That doesn’t seem to be the issue. Can you possible send me temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?: https://generatepress.com/contact/

Let me know 🙂

bigfoot3000

Yes, to which email address do I send it to?

bigfoot3000

Mmm, this is strange, I just signed-in to my site and now I am able to view Site Library next to Modules.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Good news, something must have changed on the server to allow the communication 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.