[Resolved] Site is broken

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site is broken

Home Forums Support Site is broken

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    theenic

Hey there!

Since I updated the theme and implemented the all-new typography system, my site’s font is not working anymore, and the headers dividers for h1’s, h2’s, and other headings are also broken.

I’ve hosted the fonts locally and followed each step you mentioned in the guide. Before this system, I was using the old system, and fonts were locally hosted as well using the old guide.

Can you please help and tell me what exactly went wrong after updating and implementing the new system for typography?

PS: I am using Poppins by Google

theenic

I’ve downgraded the theme to the previous version and everything seems to be working properly now.

Can you please tell me what I need to do now?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this local font document has been updated to the new system:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/

To cover it no longer requires the PHP Snippet to add fonts to the Customizer List. You simply add the font-family name in the Font Manager.

theenic

Actually, I’ve followed that tutorial, but my whole site broke after that. I’ve attached the information for you; please check that.

Secondly, my dividers broke as well after updating the theme.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is it possible to create a staging copy of the site where you can apply the update and switch over to the new typography ? i can then take a look to see whats going on.

theenic

Okay sure.

theenic

I’ve attached the details in the private section please have a look and do let me know what I need to change afterward. Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Any chance i can get an Admin login to the staging site ?
    I can get past the folder password with the details provided…

theenic

Please check now I’ve sent

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try disabling ALL plugins except Kadence blocks and GP Premium? To test if other plugins are affecting it.

Note: We’re tracing why this CSS is missing:

.entry-content > [class*="wp-block-"]:not(:last-child) {
        margin-bottom: 1.5em;
    }

The quick and easy fix is to add this on the additional CSS area but it’s best to know first why it’s missing in the first place. (or know how/why it’s added) 😀

theenic

Hey, that code seems to solve my problem with the dividers issues. But, still!

1- How to identify and correct where this thing is missing or getting added? So, I can solve the broken dividers‘ issue.
    2- What about the new Typography system. Because, after updating to the latest version of GP, I’m currently facing these two major problems.

1- Fonts not working (implemented new system correctly) and dividers not working. Rest apart; everything is working alright without any issues.

theenic

I think I’ve sorted the font issue. Can you please check at your end too?

If everything is good there too, let’s solve the second issue, which is the missing code or added code.
    Why are the dividers not working if we update the theme and not add that code you mentioned above?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I can confirm the Fonts are loading correctly.
    You will need to keep the CSS that Elvin provided. It was originally part of the theme styles as many core blocks were missing margins. We made some adjustments to that in the latest update as things have moved on and that CSS added certain other complexities to the themes styles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.