[Resolved] Site header/logo with a parallax effect

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site header/logo with a parallax effect

Home Forums Support Site header/logo with a parallax effect

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stine

Hi!
    I’m designing my blog and would like a site header (logo) with a parallax effect. Right now, from top, I have the sites titel, site description and then a big image (put in as a logo). I would like this image to scroll up with a parallax effect, when you scroll the page to the content.
    Is this possible? The effect can be accomplished with a page header, but this image is thought to be a site wide header.
    Best wishes
    Stine

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

It may still be in test mode but this may be exactly what your looking for.
    It requires you to install a Beta version of GP 1.4 – Tom has commented in the vimeo page on how to activate beta mode updates.

New page headers

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yep, the Page Header add-on would likely be best in this case.

Otherwise you would need to set a background image in “Customize > Background Images” and set the attachment to “Fixed”.

Lyle

Stine –

I have done something similar on this site: http://www.cfwzz.ca/

There are not many pages so it wasn’t too much of a job to copy the Page Header setup from one to another. With the upcoming 1.4 version of GPP from Tom, this would have been a breeze … just select the page header for all the appropriate Global Locations πŸ™‚

Note that the Aviation Blog is just another page set up the same way and it’s using another great product from Tom, WP SHow Posts, to display the posts listing. Again, with the upcoming 1.4, I could have just set it to apply to the “regular” posts page.

Cheers!
    Lyle

Stine

Thanks guys.

I managed to fix it. I don’t know exactly what I did but it works πŸ™‚ I put a page header image under Blog, and played around with the settings under Page Header Content and somehow it all worked out perfectly, including a very nice parallax effect.

Best wishes
    Stine

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working πŸ™‚

Paul

Lyle-

I love your site.
    And I’m a pilot, so I guess that explains my attraction.

Your site is exactly what I’m trying to create as a header / site banner with Generatepress.
    (Sorry, bit of a newbie to both WP and GP here)

I want your transparent main menu (which then becomes solid when user scrolls down)
    I want the “slider” effect where the image moves as the user scrolls.
    I want the full screen width image.

Can you (or anyone else) direct me to a tutorial which does pretty much this?

Huge thanks in advance
    Paul

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.