[Support request] Site Header, Page Hero, or just create a page with an image background

Home Forums Support [Support request] Site Header, Page Hero, or just create a page with an image background

Home Forums Support Site Header, Page Hero, or just create a page with an image background

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark

I thought I knew what I was doing, but apparently not. I have a GP premium site (at the URL listed below) and I am trying to create a front page that has a pdf (or I can export the pdf as an image, as long as I can have hyperlinks on the page) and the background image (there are only two “images” in my media library, one is the pdf of the “image” and one is a jpeg (created by exporting the pdf as a jpeg, but the links are no longer there).

I don’t know how best to approach this with GP premium. It seems like this “image” would be a page hero and then I would merge the site nav with the page here. On the other hand, maybe the pdf (image) should just be a background of the page.

I admit I am confused as to the best way to approach this. Any help is appreciated.

Mark

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

maybe the Header Element is what you’re after:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/header-element-overview/

Mark

Hi David,

I have tried that, but in the page hero section it is asking for a background image. Since I have an image that is in pdf form. I don’t know what to put here. I tried using Acrobat DC to export the pdf image as a jpeg and that shows up, but the links are dead. Is there a way to preserve the links when doing the conversion?

Thanks,

Mark

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mark,

What kind of links aren’t working? Links within the PDF? Do you have any examples of the look/functionality you’re trying to achieve?

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.