[Resolved] Site Footer Element not updating on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Footer Element not updating on mobile

Home Forums Support Site Footer Element not updating on mobile

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Leo.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mel

Hi,

I edited the site footer element (Name: Footer, Type: Block – Site Footer) that has a container with a grid and now 4 containers with images in it. Previously it had 5. I can see the change on desktop and tablet view but on mobile view it still shows the version before the change (5 images). I purged the cache in elements and reloaded the page on my iphone but I still see the old version. What is happening and how can I fix this?

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mel,

It’s a caching issue. Try adding /?nocache at the end of your URL. You would see it appear with just 4 images.

With that said, you’ll need to clear cache from plugins and on your server if any.

Mel

Hi,

With /?nocache at the end of the URL I see it appear with just 4 images.

I have the plugin W3 Total Cache activated. I purged cache there and then 4 imaged appeared for all pages other than the front page, which didn’t show up updated.

In settings after I ticked “Don’t cache front page” and purged cache again the 4 images appeared on the front page also.
    (There is a note in settings: By default the front page is cached when using static front page in reading settings.)

Should I keep this setting ticked for Don’t cache front page?

Thanks
    Mel

Fernando
    Customer Support

In general, when developing or creating a website, caching should be turned off ideally. Then, once all changes are done and the website is ready to be live, that’s when it’s good to enable any form of caching.

Mel

Thanks for the advice.
    Is there an easy way to turn off all caching during website development?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is there an easy way to turn off all caching during website development?

This is not a theme-related question. Thank you for your understanding.

Mel

OK thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.