[Resolved] Site Broke After latest update

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Site Broke After latest update

Home Forums Support Site Broke After latest update

• This topic has 18 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Sumit

Hi my website broke after the recent update that I applied yesterday. Along with the layout, other functionalities are also not working.

Please check the homepage when you click on Name, Phone or Social, it was supposed to slide the form in and out.

Can you please tell me what is wrong?

Sumit

Can someone please look into this?

Sumit

I had to restore the backup and can confirm, 2.2.2 update broke the website.

Sumit

all the page settings like “no sidebar” “hide title” and all others were reset along with God knows what else.

Hope it helps you guys.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing the issue:

Can you confirm?

Sumit

it’s not there anymore, because I restored an older backup. The on you seeing right now is now is not running version 2.2.2 anymore which broke the site.

Can you please remove this video from up there?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The latest update was quite minor as you can see in the changelog:

https://generatepress.com/generatepress-2-2-2/

I can’t see there is anything that would create this issue. Maybe the Theme file didn’t update correctly. Try re-installing.

Sumit

Hi David, I have applied new updates and my site is broken again. Can you please take a look and tell me how can I fix it?

You can see that sidebar is getting added to the pages where I have selected no sidebar after the update.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Where have you selected no sidebar? in the customizer or in the Layout Meta box?

Sumit

in page settings

Sumit

try to see page /arrest-records/

I tried to remove sidebar, if messed up the page even further.

Sumit

The settings were applied in Layout section of page settings. After updating to latest version it messed up the whole website.

Sumit

I have always gotten a big mute on this issue from your support. I had to restore the backup AGAIN to fix this problem.

The other problem I have been facing is page load time, since about 2-3 weeks page load has been taking ridiculously long time. Also when you hit refresh it is taking forever for the page to load. Can you please help me troubleshoot that issue maybe?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry you feel that way. At this time of day it is only me on support and some issues take longer than others.

If you need to selectively display the sidebars, ie. some pages show and others not, then try using the Layout Element to disable them. Just make sure that you leave the Layout settings in the page editor as default:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

Speed wise – ill take a look now

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So i have ran a GTMetrix report which you can see here:

The biggest issue is the number of requests being made. Our optimization tips can help with that by combining CSS and JS – i would advise to start with to NOT check the Aggregate CSS or Aggregate Inline CSS options :

https://generatepress.com/fastest-wordpress-theme/

But a lot of the issues you will see in the Waterfall charts is the purple lines are Waiting Times. Which is down to either your server taking time to respond or the 3rd parties you are calling Ads etc. from ( not much you can do about the latter)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.