[Resolved] Single page layout

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Single page layout

Home Forums Support Single page layout

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Signe Trier

Hi Tom
    Thank you for your very quick response to my initial query which I mistakenly posed to you by mail (I actually didn’t expect an answer before monday…you are amazing :-).

I am reposing the issue here in case others could be interested or have additional inputs.

As I said I really like the GP theme very much. However, I would like to be able to work more on the layout on single pages. Right now the page I am working is ‘About me. I would like something like a 2/3 column width to the left with the main text and then a second column to the left presenting short facts on my background, former work ect. No global sidebars.

As far as I can figure out the layout opportunities leaves me with no other choices than one very broad column stretching across the entire page, which in my opinion doesn’t look so nice.

I have played around with the page builder from Origin that you suggested. It makes it possible to control the column width, but gives me no choices regarding fonts, headlines etc. and also nicely placing a photo inside or above the text.

If you have any advice on this (more choices of column width/numbers or perhaps even a specific sidebar for individual pages sidebar I would be happy to know.

I am considering to by something like Zoom builder, but that’s quite an investment and also would it work with the GP theme?

Best from Signe http://www.signetrier.dk

Signe Trier

I just did some additional work using the pagebuilder. The result can be seen here http://www.signetrier.dk/236-2

It looks more like what I want – except that the photo sits awkwardly. Also I can’t see that I am able to put links inside the text, which I would like to… ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Page Builder should give you the option to easily add an image above your text in the columns – have you taken a look at their documentation?

GP is built to be very simple, and doesn’t include a bunch of layouts built in. This is by design to keep the theme very lightweight and compatible with other plugins. That’s why it’s best to use a third-party plugin to deal with layouts like the above. It makes it so people who want complex layouts built in can have them, but people who don’t need them don’t need the extra functionality weighing the theme down.

I’ve never worked with Zoom builder – but if it’s a plugin that boasts compatibility with any theme, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work.

The reason your image on the page above is sitting awkwardly is because you’re using the Page Header/Featured Image with a small image, which won’t look very good. The featured image/page header is primarily built for full width images.

The Page Builder plugin will allow you to add an “image widget” above your text in the column, which will be perfect for your photo above the text.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments – I’m happy to help ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.