[Resolved] single blog post full width featured image under post title w/sidebar support

Home Forums Support [Resolved] single blog post full width featured image under post title w/sidebar support

Home Forums Support single blog post full width featured image under post title w/sidebar support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Webmaster

I’m still exploring the forums but is something like this already available using the customizer?

This would be 100% full width:
    – post title
    – featured image

Sidebar layout would be default (Sidebar / Content), and would be positioned below 100% full width post title and image.

Thanks in advance for your help and tips / tricks

p.s. – coincidentally, what i wish to create is a layout like this.

<hr>

possible solutions / results might be:
    – request feature
    – custom content-single.php template in child-theme
    – instead of template, maybe function instead?
    – use filter like docs stated
    – dig deeper, double-check customizer settings, it looks like page header can be customized exactly like I want, but maybe not blog?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I think you could try using our Sections add-on for posts:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sections-overview/

Then add in title manually in the first section and image in the second section. You can set container width for each section as well:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sections-overview/#opening-the-section-settings

The example you provided doesn’t have a sidebar, but if you want one then this might help:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/allow-sidebars-sections/

Let me know if this helps.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t think Sections would work for this.

So you’re basically wanting the single post title/meta to display under the header/above the content and sidebars.

Would the featured image display under it like the example, or would be the background image of the area?

I should be able to help out with the code. I think an option in the Customizer would be cool as well.

Webmaster

Hey @Leo – I just played around with your recommendations for 15 minutes, it didn’t quite product the results but was very close.

@Tom
    – Yes! That looks funny but I reckon you nailed it! After re-reading that’s exactly it…you make good point with customizer too.

1. <header class="entry-header">
    2. <div class="page-header-image-single...">
    3. <div class="entry-content">
    4. <footer class="entry-meta">

#1 and #2 are 100% full width
    #3 and #4 are container Sidebar / Content layout

Featured Image under would be neat, which would you recommend or like more? Is the code equally clean for either or? Parallax would be neat but that’s just a bell and whistle.

Thanks for swift response!

p.s. – Customizer would be wicked, it seems like it’s already there for page, just not single post. Ooo btw, I don’t often update theme and GP Premium, but it’s been almost 7 months and I gotta tell ya, this THEME IS SHAPING UP to be a SAVAGE!!!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You could put something like this into the After Header hook in GP Hooks:

<?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
        <div class="page-header-content generate-page-header generate-content-header">
            <div class="grid-container">
               <div class="above-header-title" style="text-align:center"><?php the_title(); ?></div>
               <?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { ?>
                   <div class="featured-image-in-header">
                       <?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?>
                   </div>
               <?php } ?>
            </div>
        </div>
    <?php endif; ?>

You would obviously has to style it with CSS to suit your needs, but that should be a solid starting point.

Let me know 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.