[Resolved] since update the customizer is gone

Home Forums Support since update the customizer is gone

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Patrick

Hi Tom,
    since I made the update for the theme and the extension my customizer is gone. The site still works and looks the same but I can’t do any design changes as there are no options showing in the customizer.

It happend not on the last update but on that before, but I waited for the next update since I figured it was a bug in the update, but the recent update did not fix it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Patrick,

Very weird – haven’t experienced anything like this or had anyone else report it.

Is the Customizer page there at all, or is there no link to it?

Can you try #1 and #2 on this page?: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/debugging/

Patrick

This is how the customizer options now look. broken customizer
    I will try to do the #2 now,
    there are no errors in DEBUG mode.

Patrick

Upps after really turning on the debug mode I got these errors and can’t access my site.

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /wp-config.php:1) in /wp-content/plugins/custom-sidebars/inc/class-custom-sidebars-explain.php on line 55

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /wp-config.php:1) in /wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1196

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird – warnings shouldn’t make your site inaccessible.

Do you have access to your server via FTP or file manager? If so, go into “wp-content/plugins” and rename the custom-sidebars folder to something else (custom-sidebars1).

That will deactivate the plugin and allow you to access your Dashboard – once you can access it again, you can name it back.

Is that plugin up to date? Everything else up to date?

Patrick

Ok I’m back on my site. The Plugin is up to date but has not been updated in 7 months. I deactivaded it not the error message is gone, but still no customizer

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can send me temporary login info to support@generatepress.com? I should be able to fix it pretty quickly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.