[Resolved] Simple Mega Menu – sticky > 4 columns with 20+ items > scrollable?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Simple Mega Menu – sticky > 4 columns with 20+ items > scrollable?

Home Forums Support Simple Mega Menu – sticky > 4 columns with 20+ items > scrollable?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Christian

Dear Tom and Support Team,
    having built a GeneratePress “Simple Mega Menu” on my site https://zenhub.org and using the menu’s option “sticky navigation” I run into a visibility problem on smaller (notebook-)screens: Since there is a long list of items in two of the 4 Simple Mega Menu columns, the visitor cannot see the items below the screen’s bottom – and is stuck as long as he/she points on the drop-down Mega Menu.
    On disabling the Sticky Navigation, the problem is not apparent, however, I prefer the Sticky Navigation enabled.
    Is there some CSS code I could add making the two long columns scrollable?

I tried something like; with some not functional scrollbars coming up:

nav .main-nav .mega-menu ul .sub-menu {
    overflow-y: scroll;
    }

::-webkit-scrollbar
    {
    width: 3px; /* for vertical scrollbars */
    height: 3px; /* for horizontal scrollbars */}

::-webkit-scrollbar-track
    {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);}

Maybe you have an idea how to “unstuck” the drop-down Simple Mega Menu when “Sticky Navigation” is enabled?

Thank you for your consideration,

Best, Chris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Chris,

This is a known limitation to the sticky navigation on mobile unfortunately – at least for now.

The best workaround is to enable the slideout navigation on mobile. This will create a better experience for your users until we figure out a better solution.

Christian

Dear Tom,
    thank you very much for your reply.
    For mobile I am using Peter Featherstone’s Responsive Menu which works together with GeneratePress out of the box.
    The problem in my case is more on notebook screens. However, I’ll wait patiently for a solution in the future and for the moment unstick the main menu… I very much like the Menu+ plugin and the Simple Mega Menu; I think the current options and the lightness are already awesome – and I look forward more to come.
    Thank you for the wonderful theme and your wonderful support!
    Best, Chris

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good! Thank you! 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.