[Support request] Significant Increase In CLS after Adjustment

Home Forums Support [Support request] Significant Increase In CLS after Adjustment

Home Forums Support Significant Increase In CLS after Adjustment

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin

I just updated my site, went from Elementor to Generate Blocks. So far everything looks great, I went from a sub 80 Google Page Speed mobile score to 95. And the score increase happened even though I added way more links and images.

There is one issue though, my CLS on the desktop went from almost nothing to 1. Before Mobile was the issue, Desktop was great but after Desktop CLS got significantly worse.

Any suggestions on what to do?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do you have the Defer CSS option enabled in Autoptimize ? as the CSS styles are being loaded after the page is being rendered… unless you can know how to create Critical CSS then you should disable this option.

Kevin

I do, and I’ll give that a shot…thanks.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Kevin

That worked, CLS back to 0. Overall scores decreased a bit but still in the 90s. I do have their add-on service “Critical CSS”. Just wondering if I leave it alone as it was would that eventually solve the issue…any thoughts? I’ll also reach out to them as well.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear that!
    Well those guys will have the skills and tools to create the correct Critical CSS … which if done correctly should give you the performance gains without the CLS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.