[Resolved] Sider (via Site Library) with GeneratePress 3.0.0 + Flexbox

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sider (via Site Library) with GeneratePress 3.0.0 + Flexbox

Home Forums Support Sider (via Site Library) with GeneratePress 3.0.0 + Flexbox

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dwayne

I’m using a customized version of Sider and have been very happy with it.
    If I upgrade to GP3.0.0, the sidebar (which seems to make use of floats) gets wonky if I switch to FLEXBOX structure (even with the Stock Site Library version).

Is there an example for a fix? Or any suggestions to keep the nav items centered and include logo?

From what I gathered in the GP3.0 blogpost, the goal is to get everything using Flexbox.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry what is the issue you are having here?
    https://www.screencast.com/t/gE9swdX3kpy

Everything looks centered to me?

Dwayne

Yes, that’s with structure set to ‘floats’. You can change to flexbox and things go awry.
    I was hoping that there are some easy/quick fixes to make the Sider sitelibrary work with the suggested Flexbox structure for GP3.0.0alpha4

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Could you hold on switching to flex?

Once the official version of 3.0 is released, we will be updating the CSS for Sider.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

All our sites will be updated to use flexbox once 3.0.0 is officially released 🙂

Dwayne

Yep.
    will do.

AFAICT, only the sidebar/nav needs a CSS update to work with Flexbox and not that many additions.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah all the sites with some customized header will need an update once 3.0 is released.

We will keep that in mind.

Thanks for testing!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.