[Resolved] Sidebars not appearing on BuddyPress pages

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sidebars not appearing on BuddyPress pages

Home Forums Support Sidebars not appearing on BuddyPress pages

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Binu

Hi Tom,
    I am using WordPress 4.8.1. While activating BuddyPress plugin,sidebar disappears from Groups.Members & Activity pages. However,sidebars appear when I swatch over to WP default theme.
    How can I display sidebars on the BuddyPress pages? Is there any work around available?

What is the best plugin to display page specific sidebar widgets on each BuddyPress page? I have used “Display Widget” earlier,but now it is no more available in WP Plugins list.

Thanks

Binu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try with only GP premium and BuddyPress activated and see if the problem is still there?

This forum is using BuddyPress and you can see the sidebar is displaying fine.

If not can you link us to the page? Thanks!

As for page specific sidebar, this should help: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

Binu

Hi Leo,
    Thanks for the response. As per your suggestion , I de-activated all the plugins except GP premium and BuddyPress.Unfortunately,it didn’t help.
    Only BuddyPress pages (groups,members,activity)are causing problem. Other WordPress pages show sidebars based on the sidebar layout selection of the page.

I am using GP child theme for my site.

Thanks & Regards

Binu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What’s your global setting in the customizer?

and what’s the meta box setting for those pages?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/sidebar-layout/#different-sidebar-layouts-for-individual-pages-and-posts

Currently I’m seeing no sidebar activated on that page.

Binu

Hi Leo,

I fixed the problem! Now sidebar is showing .
    In the customizer, the Blog Sidebar Layout was selected as “content (no sidebar)” I changed it to ” Content /Sidebar “. The other two(Sidebar layout & Single Post sidebar layout)had already been set for “Content /Sidebar”layout.

Is there anyway,to remove or hide sidebars from Register ,Reset-password and activate pages ? Do I have to make any change in the customizer settings for that?

For page specific sidebar,I have found two options (1) content-aware-sidebars and (2) Custom Sidebars-Dynamic Widget Area manager. I understand that both work in different ways. Which one is less complex and best suited for GeneratePress theme?

Thanks a lot.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The customizer settings are global settings. So if the meta box setting is set at global settings then it will take the options from the customizer.

If you choose a specific setting in the meta box then it will overwrite the customizer setting.

I haven’t tried either of those plugins but both should work with GP. Best to try it yourself and see which one suits you better.

Binu

Thanks for the reply. My current problem is sidebars appearing all buddy press pages!
    I made changes in metabox as well as in the customizer to selectively show sidebars on specific Buddypresspages(memebrs,groups&activity). It resulted in sidebar appearing on other BuddyPress pages (register & activate ) where I do not want to display sidebars.

I tried various combination of settings in the metabox and customizer to achieve the desired result. But it didn’t help. More precisely,when I select “Content/sidebar layout” option for Sidebar layout & Blog Sidebar Layout sidebars appear on all Buddypress pages. But, I am not able to selectively display sidebars on Buddypress pages by changing metabox settings and Constomizer settings.

I suspected that a plugin named “Theme My Login” was causing the problem .I de-activated it and tried different settings on Customizer and page meta box.but,nothing changed! I am using GeneratePress child theme.
    What could be the problem?

Thanks
    Binu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you link me to the pages where you want to hide the sidebars?

Thanks!

Binu

Hi Leo,
    Following are the links to the pages.

https://www.website.com/register/
    https://www.website.com/activate/
    https://www.website.com/lostpassword/

Additionally the following page is also found to be over-ridding page meta box setting

https://www.website.com/qa-forum/

(in the customizer I have selected “Content/sidebar layout” option for all the 3 sidebar layout options listed there)

Binu

Hi Tom/ Leo,
    Looks like you haven’t seen my previous post!

I have provided the links that you had asked for . Is there any way to remove/hide these sidebars appearing on the related pages?

I searched through the older posts in your knowledge base to find a plausible solution.Unfortunately,I didn’t come across any.

Thanks

Binu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh sorry I definitely typed the answer for this one in the morning but didn’t click send apparently!

The first three pages are just static pages so the page meta box should work.

If not try this CSS:

.bp-legacy #right-sidebar {
        display: none;
    }

The last one is the archive page so it should take the setting from Blog Sidebar Layout.

The CSS above should remove that as well.

Let me know 🙂

Binu

Hi Leo,
    For some reason, page meta box is not working for me. I have tried various page meta-box and customizer settings combinations too for those page.They didn’t work!
    When I added the above CSS on into my custom CSS ,it removed sidebars from all BuddyPress pages! In fact,I need sidebars on Members,Groups,and Activity pages.

I just installed “Simple css plugin” and tried adding the above CSS on individual pages specified. It didn’t work as well.
    Hope this is not a complex issue.

Incidentally, I just noticed one more thing.

I have selected the Content Layout – as” Separate Containers” with container width 1200px and separating space -20px. But my site by default doesn’t show separate containers!

Thanks for your time

Binu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok remove the CSS I provided before and try this in Additional CSS instead:

.page-id-126 #right-sidebar,
    .page-id-167 #right-sidebar,
    .page-id-127 #right-sidebar,
    .archive.page-id-127 #right-sidebar {
        display: none;
    }

Your page is showing separate containers. Just that the background color of the content and body are both white.
    Try changing one of them.

Binu

Hi Leo,

It worked finally!
    Thanks a lot for your support.

Best Regards
    Binu

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad I could help!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.