[Support request] Sidebar widget not showing all entries

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sidebar widget not showing all entries

Home Forums Support Sidebar widget not showing all entries

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dee

I have 2 Custom Post Types built in Pods: Projects and Clients

In a Projects post, I have a sidebar widget that lists the other projects related to the same client. This post type is client facing.

In a Clients post, I have a sidebar widget that lists all the projects for that client. This post is for my internal use.

The list in the Projects post truncates the list to 15 posts.
    The list in the Client post lists all of the projects.

I cannot find where the limitation is coming from in the Project posts.
    I have reviewed the Pods templates, the Elements setup, the custom css, turned plugins off, and am at a loss.

Can you assist in pointing me in the right direction to fix this?

I used the Flint Skin Dispatch as a basis for the site. I have WP Show Posts pro and elementor pro, but I am not using either of these 2 on the posts referenced above. I am using the Custom Sidebars plugin to change the widgets per post type, but even when I put the Pods single item widget in a regular sidebar and disable this plugin, I still get the 15 item limit.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if an identical widget / shortcode is being used to display both lists then maybe its a caching issue – do you have any server side caches ?

Dee

It is not the exact same list, but should be the same results.
    The Project one is querying Projects related to Projects with the same Client, and the Client one is querying all projects with the same client.

I have tested with disabling all caching plugins, then opening a different browser. I use MS Edge and Firefox for testing, and have them set up to clear the browser cache when they close.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds like an issue with Custom Sidebars plugin.

Have you checked with their support?

Dee

Yes, and since I get the same result when I disable that plugin and use the coding in the standard sidebar WITH THEIR PLUGIN DISABLED, I do not think this is the issue.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

How are these lists being generated in their widgets? Is it something specific to Pods?

Dee

Yes, I have have already gone through the coding with them, so I think it might be CSS related.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What CSS are you adding?

What if you temporarily disable all the CSS you’ve added?

Dee

I switched off my child theme with my css, and I still had the issue.

I plan to create a separate site, and strip everything down except for the pods framework, to try to isolate the issue. I will report back here when I have completed that testing.
    I am beginning to think there is some limit in the database somehow.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good. Let us know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.