[Resolved] Sidebar when displayed on mobile gets compressed and shunted to the left

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sidebar when displayed on mobile gets compressed and shunted to the left

Home Forums Support Sidebar when displayed on mobile gets compressed and shunted to the left

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    James

Hi, I’m using Dispatch.

I noticed an issue on the mobile display of pages/posts that have the Sidebar layout set to Content / Sidebar. It displays fine on Desktop/laptop, but on mobile is pushed to the bottom (as the screen isn’t wide enough, of course) but it is then shunted to the left hand side and then made very small (less than a quarter of the size I’d expect).

I’ve switched pages to Content only without sidebar, but in the future I’d like to know if this display functionality will be available, as it may be useful as the amount of content grows. Otherwise, I’m enjoying using Dispatch.

I’d very much appreciate any help/advice.

Thanks,

James

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

if you can enable the sidebar on one of your posts we can take a look at what the issue is.
    You can use the Layout Element to change a single posts sidebar / content width etc:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/layout-element-overview/

James

Hi David,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I’ve enabled the sidebar as you requested on the “articles” page. I’ve checked on a mobile and the issue is still there for you to test.

Many thanks,

James

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

What version of GP Premium are you using?

Let me know πŸ™‚

James

Hi Leo,

I’m using version 2.4.2 of generatepress

Best,

James

James

Sorry, I’m using GP Premium 1.11.0-beta.1

James

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’ve fixed this in beta 2.

Will be releasing it today πŸ™‚

James

Perfect! Many thanks.

James

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem!

Sorry for the inconvenience πŸ™‚

Tatjana

I just wanted to say how much I love this forum. I hade the same issue and by updating my GP Version it was fixed.

Thanks Tom your support is truly great!!!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear πŸ™‚

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.