[Support request] Sidebar size

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sidebar size

Home Forums Support Sidebar size

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel

Hi team,

I’m just getting things ready to switch over to the Mediavine ad network on my site and it needs the following fix:

“Prior to launch we take a in-depth look at your site. While completing this pre-launch inspection, we found one thing that will need to be fixed before we can get started placing ads on your site. With your current setup, as your page shrinks in width your sidebar also shrinks in width.

Since our ads in your sidebar will have a fixed width of 300 pixels, this means that some users could see part of the sidebar ads cut off, which could put you at risk for an ad policy violation.

We need your sidebar adjusted so that it remains a minimum of 300px wide whenever it is beside the content. In addition, the sidebar must remain beside the content on all screens greater than 1023px in width. This ensures that all users on all devices see the ads properly.”

Could you please take a look at my site and tell me how to do this without affecting the overall look of the site?

Or tell me in what way doing this might affect the site?

Mediavine has offered to make these changes for me, but I want to be able to understand it for myself! However, if this doesn’t make sense I can let them do it.

Thanks a lot, Dan.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

You can set the minimum width for the right side bar by adding this CSS:

div#right-sidebar {
        min-width: 300px;
    }

This way, the sidebar retains its shrinking in size but only until 300px width.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.