[Resolved] Sidebar settings not changing

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Sidebar settings not changing

Home Forums Support Sidebar settings not changing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kit Marsden

Hi,

I’m really enjoying working with GeneratePress, and my site has never looked better. One thing is bothering me, though; I have set the ‘Global Sidebar’ settings to be main content on the left and a sidebar on the right, as this is what I want the majority of the time – however, occasionally, I want one of my pages not to have a sidebar at all, and for the main content to take up the full width of the page. There is an option to override the sidebar settings on each page in my admin panel, but when I select a different setting on certain pages it simply reverts to having the ‘Global Sidebar’ button ticked as soon as I press ‘Update’. Is there any way to make these changes stick?

Thanks,
    Kit Marsden

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Kit,

This can happen when a previous theme was using a page template that no longer exists.

To fix, go to your “Pages” area of your Dashboard and find the problem page – then click “Quick Edit” and set “Template” to “Default Template”.

Save and you should be good to go.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Kit Marsden

Thanks Tom – that works perfectly now! Thank you for the prompt response, and clear instructions, too.

Kit

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome πŸ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.