[Resolved] sidebar is showing up above primary menu/content

Home Forums Support [Resolved] sidebar is showing up above primary menu/content

Home Forums Support sidebar is showing up above primary menu/content

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    cath

Hi Tom,

So I enabled the theme on the other site and I am tweaking it now. For some reason the sidebar (right) is showing up and there is a bunch of white space in the center and then the primary menu and all other content underneath with a sidebar there also.

Added: I just scrolled down and the sidebars have gone crazy. There are multiple sidebars. I can put the link but it is just I might have to remove it until you are around because I dont want to leave the site that way but I was hoping to resolve today. I will search some of the previous support to see if this happened to anyone else. Thanks.

Cath

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by cath. Reason: updated info
    cath

p.s. I just uploaded a header and it is underneath all this. The site title and tag line and out of whack sidebar are up top and then the header and all the real content is way below lots of white space. It is not a newly built site so there is a lot of content but it seems really odd.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Any chance you can link me to the site so I can see? Or send me a screenshot?

cath

Hi Tom, I will leave it for a little bit and then take a screenshot if you (which I understand) dont get to it within the next 1/2 hour or so. It is: http://www.washingtonsquareparkblog.com/

Thanks!

Cath

cath

Hi Tom, How do I send you a screenshot? I put the other theme back.

Thx.

Cath

cath

here is a link to the screenshots:

image 2 is where the header is showing and then below that are the posts and where the site displays basically normally from there – http://aromatherapystar.com/wsp-blog/

then as you scroll past all the posts, it switches to a masonry style… ?

thank you.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It looks like you have a bunch of widgets added into your Header widget area in “Appearance > Widgets”.

Can you take a look?

cath

Hi Tom,

It turns out there were not header widgets but inactive sidebars that said they would not show but they did. So, all those widgets needed to be deleted – and then it worked!

Thanks for the advice. Problem solved!

Cath

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help! 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.