[Support request] Sidebar Formatting: Wide Sidebar Ruins Page Format

Home Forums Support [Support request] Sidebar Formatting: Wide Sidebar Ruins Page Format

Home Forums Support Sidebar Formatting: Wide Sidebar Ruins Page Format

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Knitting

Hi there,

We’re using GeneratePress with Elementor and have been very happy so far.

We’re trying to increase the width of the right sidebar by 10% on single posts (format is sidebar | content | sidebar)

Whenever this goes live, the page goes crazy: either all of the content is hidden, the sidebars are at the bottom, the page becomes 1000’s of pixels wider, or the page doesn’t show sidebars at all.

Can someone please help – we’ve been trying to figure it out for weeks!

Thank you

Klara

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

We’re trying to increase the width of the right sidebar by 10% on single posts

Do you mean you set the right sidebar width to 30% instead of 20% at customizer > layout > sidebars?

Can you do that so I can inspect what is causing the issue?

Knitting

Hi Ying,

Thanks for getting back to me – yes, that’s right.

I can’t do that and then leave it for you to inspect, as it will break every post on the site until it’s set back.

Are there any login details I can give you for you to test it and then put it back to the current settings once you’ve finished?

Thanks

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

We can’t really do testing on a live site with traffic.

In that case, if you can create a staging site and share the admin access with us will be very helpful.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Knitting

We’ve tried adjusting this on the staging site and the issue doesn’t occur, so that won’t help unfortunately. I think it may be related to the CDN/advertising network the main site runs through.

Is there any way we could share access with you for you to tweak it and turn it back, or tweak it together in real time?

Please let me know if there are other possible solutions!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think it may be related to the CDN/advertising network the main site runs through.

Is this not possible to be implanted in the staging site as well?

You can add the live site login details in the private info field, I’ll have a look πŸ™‚

Knitting

Thank you very much – added below!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I changed the right sidebar width to 30% in customizer, it looks normal in customizer, so it should not be a GP issue.

I think it might be related to your cache plugins, but as I can’t do much testing on your live site, I’m not sure about this.

I would recommend creating a staging site with 100% copy of the live site, so we can do more testing.

Knitting

Thanks Ying – I’ll create a staging website and add the ad network etc. so it behaves similarly, then I’ll send over the access details. Thank you πŸ™‚

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Great! Let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.